Spring has sprung, the weather is beautiful and I am wearing a tank top! This time of the year, I am always so grateful to live in the glorious Valley of the Sun. While most of my friends are still shoveling snow out of their driveways, I’m watching hummingbirds hover over my blossoming honeysuckle. This cute (and easy!) pair of earrings really reflect my sassy, springy mood. Our dragonfly is made out of Swarovski crystal in sapphire, but you can use any color you prefer.
Required Skills: Wire Wrapping
You will need:
• 2 4mm Swarovski Crystal bicones
• 6 5mm Swarovski Crystal bicones
• 2 5mm Swarovski Crystal rounds
• 2 TierraCast silver plated dragonfly wings
• 6 sterling silver daisy spacers
• 2 3 inch sterling silver headpins
• 2 sterling silver ear wires
• Stack beads onto a headpin in the following order: 4mm bicone crystal, daisy spacer, 5mm bicone crystal, daisy, 5mm bicone crystal, daisy, 5mm bicone crystal, wings, 5mm round crystal.
• Make a wire wrapped loop above the beads and wrap it closed.
• Bend the headpin gently to create a curve.
• Open the ring at the bottom of the ear wire and string the wire wrapped loop. Close the ring.
• Repeat all steps for the other earring.