This advanced wire wrapping project gives you many opportunities to customize your look. Choose different charms, or various sizes and colors of crystals to create a totally different impression. You’ll love your finished piece, no matter what choices you go with! Enjoy!
Wire wrapping and top drilled wire wrapping
Building wire wrapped chains
You Will Need:
2 pieces of Vintaj brass chain (approx. 4 inches each, to fit)
Silk ribbon (approx. 24 inches)
Vintaj Hammered Ring and Toggle Bar
Vintaj Butterfly pendant, bumblebee charm and two dragonfly charms
4mm Swarovski crystal bicone (3)
Gemstone briolettes OR Swarovski top drilled bicones (2)
7mm Vintaj jump rings (4)
24 gauge brass wire, cut into 3 inch lengths (at least 20)
Size 11 seed beads OR 2mm Swarovski crystals
1. With one of the pieces of brass wire, form wire wrapped loops on each side of a 4mm crystal bicone. Make a wire wrapped loop on another piece of brass wire and attach it to one of the loops before wrapping it closed. Add one seed bead, and then form another closed wire wrap loop. Continue adding in this manner until you reach 3.5 inches in length. Then repeat the process on the other side of the crystal bicone unit, until you reach about 7 inches total.
2. Carefully open one 7mm jump ring. String on the last link of one piece of Vintaj chain, one end of the wire wrapped chain and the opening in the hammered ring. Carefully close the jump ring.
3. Carefully open another 7mm jump ring. String on the other end of the piece of Vintaj chain as well as the top corner of the Filigree butterfly pendant. Carefully close the jump ring.
4. Carefully open the third 7mm jump ring. String on the end link of the second piece of Vintaj chain and the loose end of the wire wrapped chain. Carefully close the jump ring.
5. Carefully open the last 7mm jump ring. String on the other end of the second piece of Vintaj chain as well as the opposite top corner of the Filigree butterfly pendant. Carefully close the jump ring.
6. Pass the silk ribbon through the loop on the toggle bar and tie silk in a knot to hold it in place. The ribbon forms the back of the necklace. Now, pass on side of the same ribbon through the jump ring on the end of the chains on the right side of the butterfly and tie the silk in a bow. It should be starting to look like a necklace!
7. Wire wrap on the Vintaj charms, briolettes and crystals on to the Vintaj chain in a decorative manner. Use the photograph for inspiration. Enjoy!