Beaded Leather Braided Bracelet:
Make this quick and easy three-wrap leather bracelet using our Bead World kit
(www.beadworldinc.com/onlinestore to order) or your own materials!
You will need:
· 1.5mm leather (7 feet)
· Freshwater pearls (16 inch strand)
· TierraCast button (1)
· 26 gauge wire (3 feet)
· GS Hypo glue (red)
· Wire cutters
· Macramé board
· Place your button on the 7 feet of leather, half way down. Tie the leather in an overhand knot (like you’re tying a balloon), about ¼ inch below the button.
· Leaving a 3 inch tail, hold the 26 gauge wire against the leather, below the knot.
· Wrap the wire around the leather several times. Cut off the 3 inch tail.
· Pin the leather to the macramé board, just above the knot. Place the wire between the strands of leather.
· String the freshwater pearls onto the 26 gauge wire. Slide one pearl up the wire, between the pieces of leather.
· Move the right hand leather strand to the left, over the wire, to begin your braid.
· Move the left hand leather strand to the right, over the previous leather strand.
· In your right hand is now the 26 gauge wire. Move it to the left, over the previous leather strand, continuing your braid.
· Repeat the previous four steps and your braid will begin to form. Continue braiding until you reach the desired length – approximately 21 inches.
· Wrap the wire around the leather several times (as shown below left). Cut off any excess wire.
· Tie the leather in an overhand knot. It’s okay if the leather partially covers the wire wrap.
· Leave a space the same size as your button and tie a second knot.
· Again, leaving spaces the same size as your button, tie two knots. This makes your bracelet adjustable.
· Cut the leather strands off ¼ inch from the last knot.
· Complete the bracelet by putting GS Hypo Glue (Red) inside the end knots to keep them coming undone.
· Your finished bracelet looks like this!
You can buy kits for this project online at www.beadworldinc.com/onlinestore!